Tuesday 6 October 2015

Zac's TOMB intro post.

Welcome to the first of my TOMB logs.

This time around I've decided to do something different to what I normally play. I'm a big Arcanist fan, and most of my crews are from there. I have all of the book 1 crews, but Mei Feng has been sitting in her box for a while as I got on with finishing commissions. Now that they're done, I've decided to get her out for TOMB, and just to make sure I'm really stretching myself, I'll be playing her as Ten Thunders!


This being month 1, I have $60 to spend in the Wyrd online store. Of course, the obvious starting point is to go with the Mei Feng box. With 27 points of models (and more of upgrades) for just $40, this is a great place to start, although my personal tastes mean I will only use 22 of them: I never take more than two of any minion model usually (summons excepted), so one of the Rail Crew will be headed to my trade/bits bin while I work out what to do with him.

This leaves me with a massive $20 still to spend, so looking through my Box Of Stuff I Have Had For Ages (official title), I managed to find a dawn serpent. This guy is a great buy. 10pt minion that has a shooting attack (lacking in Mei Feng) that hands out burning (that gives buffs to the lady herself) for $15 gives me 32 points of synergistic models (easily enough for a 40ss game) and $5 to carry over to next months kitty. What's even better is that this guy, while being a Ten Thunders model, is a beast, meaning that when I decide to dig out my Arcanists again I can still use it in my Marcus crew.


So far I've done little else other than glue the models together and fill in the gaps. I'm still undecided on basing scheme, but I definitely want to go for something that's a bit different to what I already use. If anyone has any great ideas for Ten Thunders basing, please let me know: Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and if you haven't joined up for TOMB3, why not?

Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment